Our school prides itself on striving for an excellent attendance and last year we were one of the highest attended schools in the Tameside area. We also have one of the lowest rates of lateness in Tameside.
In 2018 - 2019 our attendance was 95.9%, which is in line with the national average.
Our action plan to increase Attendance includes:
- Parents of pupils with persistent absences (below 90%), will be invited to come in and speak to Mr Keaney.
- If attendance does not improve parents will then meet with Mr Bidgood.
- Attendance agreements will be completed with parents of persistent absentees.
- A letter detailing the school’s policy on Holiday Absence will be sent out to all parents.
- All pupils, who come into school after 9am, must be signed in by a parent and the child will be given a late card to pass to their class teacher.
- Sending penalty notices through for pupils that are persistently absent or take prolonged time off for holidays
Attendance is vitally important for the pupils at Canon Johnson to help them progress and learn. Each day lost can have a big impact upon a child’s learning. Please also remember, that if your child is ill or you have any other reason your child is not in school, to ring the office by 9.10am to give us an explanation as to why your child is not in school.