The rewards and consequences that we use in school support our Christian ethos. We always aim for all our children to be happy, safe, responsible and caring members of our school community. We aim for positive relationships and mutual respect between staff and children.
We really want to encourage the children to work together and help each other. The children are given ‘house points’ for effort, good work, kindness, good playground behaviour etc… and each point is for their team. Every Friday in our Celebration Assembly we will share the house points and celebrate the winner for the week. At the end of every half term the winning house gets a special house treat e.g. bouncy castle session.
We have named our house after the famous vicars of Christ
Church…Longden (blue); Johnson (yellow); Blanchard (green);
Laycock (orange); Cartwright (red); Holland (purple).
2.Star of the Week.
A child from each class will be chosen as ‘star of the week’ cup each Friday, they are presented with a certificate to take home.
- Reader and Writer of the Week
In school for the past year there has been focusing upon improving reading and handwriting. One child from a class each week is presented with a certificate in our Celebration Assembly who has shown good skill or improvement in their handwriting and reading.
- Additional Rewards:
- Marble Jar treats – the class collect marbles for good class behaviour and a full jar means a class treat!
- Weekly class attendance and punctuality awards.
- Individual end of term 100% attendance award.
- Captain’s Table. Friday treat. A child sits on the ‘Captain’s Table’ for lunch and brings a friend along.
- Good to be Green
- Golden Time/Extra Play: last hour every Friday for all classes (includes 15 minutes extra play from 2.00-2.30 for all children who have been green all week)
- Lunchtime Award. Raffle tickets handed out by lunchtime staff. Weekly draw in celebration assembly.