Our school provides a safe and happy Christian environment where everyone works together to encourage children to achieve their full potential within the community.
To achieve this, we have identified the following aims:
- To develop good relationships between pupils, teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, governors, friends and visitors.
- To encourage a desire to learn and to be happy and confident in that desire.
- To develop self-discipline.
- To foster independence and flexibility for every individual to achieve his/her potential to meet the needs of an ever-changing society.
- To develop a partnership with parents to provide a stable environment in which children can flourish.
- To promote self-esteem and mutual respect in children and adults.
- To reflect the local community and the multi-racial character of the area in our activities.
- To value every individual and provide equal opportunity for all.
- To encourage a spirit of independent learning and self-motivation.
- To develop a sense of pride and belonging in every individual in the school.
Canon Johnson Church of England Primary School’s Virtues and Values
During the Spring Term we have consulted on developing a new set of virtues and values for our school. After many weeks of consultation, the school community decided on five virtues that epitomise our school. These virtues will run through everything we do at school including our behaviour system and our curriculum as we develop these over the coming months. The pupils of Canon Johnson also decided on bible quotes that work alongside the new virtues that they had chosen. Here are our new virtues and values with bible quotes.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
“Encourage one another and build one another up…”
“A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret.”
HOPE AND ASPIRATION
“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”